A few weeks ago, I announced an international symposium being held in Rome on the creation of Adam and Eve as the foundation of the Catholic doctrine on Holy Marriage. I'm pleased to report that the event took place as planned, and the proceedings of the symposium - which are very good and worthy of wide circulation - are now available for downloading. Click on the titles below to download each file as a PDF.
- A Philosophical Reflection on Marriage and the Family (D. Q. McInerny)
- The Metaphysical Impossibility of Human Evolution (Fr. Chad Ripperger, Ph.D.)
- God, Family and Genetics, Part 1, Part 2 (Dr. J. C. Sanford and Dr. Robert Carter)
- The Perfection of our First Parents According to St. Thomas Aquinas (Fr. Thomas Crean, O.P.)
- Prophets of the Past: Moses and the Mystical Saints and Church Doctors on the Creation of Man (Hugh Owen)
- The Special Creation of Adam and Eve: The Foundation of the Church's Teaching on Holy Marriage (Fr. Thomas Hickey)
- The Fossil Record and the Fall of Darwin's Last Icon (John M. Wynne)
- The Current Marriage Crisis in the Light of the Original Creation and the Code of Canon Law (Bai Macfarlane)
- Male and Female He Created Them: The Divine Origin of Gender (Aurora Restrepo)
- The Two Shall Become One: The Evils of Contraception and the Strengthening of Catholic Marriages through the Correct Teaching of Natural Family Planning (Dr. Francesco Giordiano, STD)
The documents can also be previewed at The Kolbe Center for the Study of Creation.