Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Building Your Domestic Church: The Enthronement of the Sacred Heart in the Home

I was recently asked to write an article on a topic which has become central to my own understanding and practice of the Catholic Faith: a family devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus known as the Enthronement. Naturally, I jumped at the opportunity, as I believe the family consecration to the Sacred Heart to be not only a profound expression of the Catholic Faith, but also an indispensable component of winning the war presently being waged against the Catholic family. Bold claim? Not really. It was instituted by Our Lord Himself, and explicitly recommended by at least four Popes of felicitous memory, including Pope St. Pius X, who sent forth Fr. Mateo Crawley-Boevey, the original promoter of the Enthronement, with the following words:
I not only allow, I positively command you to dedicate your life to this undertaking. It is a wonderful work.
Please give it a read and let me know what you think.

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus!
Extend over all hearts the empire of Thy sweet love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated according to both content and form. If you would like to keep your comments private, please indicate this, and include your email if you would like a personal response. Thank you for commenting.